Pages

11.25.2010

on waking


the wayfarer . canon beach . love
. . . . . . . . . .
I give thanks for arriving
Safely in a new dawn,
For the gift of eyes
To see the world,
The gift of mind
To feel at home
In my life,
The waves of possibility
Breaking on the shore of dawn,
The harvest of the past
That awaits my hunger,
And all the furtherings
This new day will bring.

{john o'donohue, on waking.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

reflecting on the past year, even on those bumpy days
that sadness and anger swirled around me. i see the
hope and blessings that greet me each day.

.three healthy . funny . gorgeous little beings who are mine

.a partner in crime who is secure enough to be married to me

.a warm home with the studio on top

.my tribe who sends me energy . friendship . love from afar

.a community of friends that we love and gather with here

.parents that pretty much hung the moon, siblings to match.
nieces and nephews that make me laugh and who tell me....
aunt kelly did you make that, who wear my baubles and nephews
who curl their noses when they see me, like i am the old auntie
with too much lipstick, ready to smooch their cheeks.

.my nutty girl mind that pushes me forward with my
brushes and bag of color

.and you. yep you whoever is reading this, visiting this blog
and supporting me. my art . my vision . my life

this i know to be true, even on the hairiest of days, life
is filled with some good stuff.

today i will sit with bryce and my girl cheri' and soak it all up.

my your day be filled with warm laughter, the nourishment
you crave and love. and if you sit alone today. know you aren't
alone. i am here sending a little lite and a few giggles your way.

peace be with each of you.

kelly

5 comments:

beth said...

i'm here reading you....and hoping your day of love and warmth was even more perfect than you imagined it could be.....

Jennifer said...

my dear kelly you are one amazing women! I am so thankful for you. For being exactly who you are. I love you!

Happy Mama (Lisa Gonzalez) said...

I really look up to you, Kelly. Sometimes when I want to feel like a bad ass, I think "Kelly Barton would probably do this" and then I do it :)
Happy thanksgiving!

lisa said...

so so much to be grateful for! what a sweet, sweet life.

SarahWT said...

Love you, Kelly! :)