long last week...i am dreaming of a
warm sandy beach. running my feet
through the rough sand - instant
pedicure. i am sure i am lazily coddling
a strong margarita...yum!
i am finally finished with my graduation orders,
and once i get my two estimates off to clients
i get to take a deep breath.
bryce is running the mini this weekend. he has
really been kicking ass on his training. i don't
know how he does it...i suck air just watching
him. gabe shot a 50 today at his golf meet.
so he hit his goal and earned back his #3 spot.
he was happy. clancy is out on the porch with a
friend and i am loving the fact that i can see my
studio floor again.
i frantically pulled it together this morning - i had
a student come and shadow me this morning. she
is only a freshman and i hope that i let her see that
the world is hers. as i talked to her about design
options, i realized that 25 years ago [are you kidding
me...25 years!] when i was entering the real world
my options seemed to be teacher, nurse and secretary.
i majored in child development. i would rather jump
off a cliff! i made it through 2 years and i think my
gpa was a 1.7. but i could play a mean game of
quarters and drink any guy under the table. however,
this is no longer true. today...3 beers and i am done.
so to round out this day of babbling i will leave you
with some funnies...i am totally being a copy cat.
miz kelly rae was kind enough to share hers
[btw - check out her paintings - i dig them]
so here they are!
1. when i was little - i could walk on my hands, forever!
i was so limber that my feet would skim the floor. today
i can't even touch my toes.
2. i have quite a sassy mouth and most people don't
3. i dream of having my own stationary/textile design business
4. i hate when i hurt someones feeling
5. i will drive past my house and around the block if steve miller
band's [jungle love] is on the radio. i can't get out until it
plays all the way through
6. i am a closet dancer [outkast - hey ya! is a favorite]
7. i start a painting and struggle to finish it - this really isn't
funny. but it is one of my querks. i think i am afraid
of the result!
8. i can pop my hips out of joint.
9. when i am sitting around with my kids...they crack me
up. i wish i thought they were as hilarious when in public.
10. i make bitchin guacamole!