Pages

4.24.2007

dancing queen


auntie lynne [circa 1954...ish]
today is big BIG BIG day in the nation. i am
so disappointed after visiting many blogs, that
not one, that's right no one mentioned the
30th birthday of abba's [dancing queen].
so happy birthday girlie....you brought this little
girl many happy days listening to the old am/fm.
my mind swirls with disco lites and dizziness from
the constant circles of the old skate corral...all skate.
yes, yes - i know i am once again dating myslelf. but
i don't care! you are the dancing queen, young and sweet,
only seventeen...uh yeah!
today 30 years later, i still turn it up loud when it comes
on the radio. its on my mp3 players. if i am in the studio
i get up and dance, cmon - you know you do too.
if your you diggin the dancing queen...dance this way
[You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love dancing queen! I turn it up loud, each time I hear it too.

Kim Carney said...

it completely skipped my mind :) but I am humming it right now