Pages

1.05.2009

pink


i carry your heart with me

i carry it in my heart

i am never without it
anywhere i go you go,my dear;
and whatever is done by only me is
your doing, my darling i fear no fate
for you are my fate, my sweet
i want no world for beautiful
you are my world, my true and it's
you are whatever a moon has always
meant and whatever a sun will always
sing is you here is the deepest secret
nobody knows

here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which
grows higher than the soul can hope or mind
can hide and this is the wonder that's keeping
the stars apart i carry your heart
i carry it in my heart

ee cummings

3 comments:

Heather, paperfollies.typepad.com said...

love that poem...wonderful...thanks for starting my day with it, made me feel 100times better!

Amy said...

Feeling it! Love the movie In Her Shoes--when Cameron Diaz reads that poem it sends me weeping every time! Thanks for a lovely thought for today! I think I might pass that one on to a few people I *heart*!

Amy said...

ee cummings is one of my favorite poets and this is one of my favorite poems. makes me so happy to see this.

Loving you, Girl. Just loving you.