Pages

11.14.2007

i am


i am home h.o.m.e. series #5

{ as you walk and eat and travel be where you are.
otherwise you will miss most of your life.}
~buddha

the week started off very painfully. my uncle and godfather
has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. this man is so
vibrant, work-a-holic, addicted to golf and he has been in
a hospital bed for over two weeks. so it is really hard for
all of us to digest this news. as you all know i am a
procrastinator, so i have been slowly digging myself out of
a stack of to dos. if i were rich, i would hire an assistant,
but iam not so tahiti and the assistant will have to be put
on hold. one day, i am going to teach myself a lesson
and just work like hell as each job comes in and then be
done and have tons of quality free time.

i hope that life is treating you each well. the leaves are
falling here and winter is just around the corner. ugh!
but i am ready to get the house all pruttied up for
the holidays.....

peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle...will hold a good thought for him. (I have a godfather uncle, too, and can only imagine how I'd feel if that happened to him.)

Unknown said...

kelly, so sorry to hear about your godfather-uncle. sending both of you good thoughts.

(i can relate to the cycle of procrastination. argh. sounds like you have a good plan!)

*
kelly

The Dream said...

Hi Kelly-
Sorry to read this news. I have lost many to cancer - in one form or another. Prayers ... where there is life and breath, there is hope.

I can't even think about getting my house ready yet. We are off to New England to have Thanksgiving with my huge family. My sister-in-law has breast cancer ... and even though we have been all about staying put for this holiday in the past, we are going. She has faithfully been one of my champions, so this year, it's about honoring that relationship.

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

i'm so sorry to read about your uncle...my uncle lost his battle with cancer in october so i can relate to the pain of seeing a vibrant life ripped apart and cut short by such a mericless disease