Pages

5.08.2005

pinch pots

pinch pots...
every teacher in the u. s. of a. has scambled this past
week to
come up with an exciting gift for their students
to produce
for their mommy's.

pinch pots...

remember running into the house friday afternoon just
gushing with excitement. praying that you keep from
spilling the beans [till mother's day]. you wanted to give
her the loosely wrap tissue paper bobble early, but mrs.
smith
said "you must wait till sunday" !

friday [cause she just coul'nt wait till sunday] i received
a
ribbon door hanger. bright swatches of ribbon, tied
with a
knot adorned a hoop and little paper hearts fell
below, held on by
more ribbon. each heart held a little

term of endearment letting me know why she loves me.
i have to be honest
i sometimes wonder how they continue
to love me or like
me. i always wonder why they don't put
words on there
like...why do you yell so much, i hate it when
you curse,
i want pancakes for breakfast-i am so sick of cold
cereal.
mrs. smith probably said no when they asked.

ode to mother. we grow up with our parents
. we all learn as
we go, whether we are the parent or
the child. i remember
saying, "i will never be like my mom"


i lied!

somedays, i just sit in amazement, realizing what just flew
from my mouth was my mother! i cringed, i cry, i stomp
my feet - it never stops. i think it just gets worse.

today is mothers day! call her - hug her - say thanks for

doing a great job. just don't forget her. she worked hard
and in most cases, did the best she could. we sacrifice
ourselves as mothers. we are born to do this.

to all mothers out there...enjoy today. do something
for yourself

blessings


1 comment:

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

This is oh so true. My mother always told me, "what goes around will come back around to you" and she was SO right. Never wanting to admit it then, I freely admit it now! My children do many of the same things I did...and more!

Good luck on your freelance career and Happy Mother's Day to you!

Maggie

http://www.designerm.com/blog.html